Did you know that Sharjah, a popular tourist destination is the third most populated city in the United Arab Emirates after Dubai and Abu Dhabi? The cultural capital of UAE overlooks the Persian Gulf and is famous for its several distinctive landmarks. Explore the Mumbai to Sharjah flights schedule and book your tickets for this beautiful city known for its recreational areas and public parks besides several elegant mosques. A popular attraction amongst tourists as well as locals is the Al Mamzar Beach Park spread over 106 hectares in Deira. Read on to know more about this popular park and things to do here.
Al Mamzar Beach Park
A favourite among families in Dubai, this beach park is known for its family-friendly activities such as supervised play areas for children, train rides, a swimming pool with highly trained lifeguards, and free barbecue services to keep the visitors entertained for long. This beach park in Sharjah includes 5 public beaches where one can relax, play in the water and even try water sport activities.
- Sporting and Physical Activities -For sports lovers, the park offers roller-skating, basketball, swimming, bike riding, and a jogging area.
- Food- The complex houses many restaurants and cafes that offer a variety of dining options for a perfect outing.
- Entertainment- The park also has an amphitheater where you can catch live music on several occasions.
While planning to visit this park with your family remember that on Wednesdays it is open only for ladies and children with boys under the age of seven allowed to accompany their mothers or other female family members. Also, the park is the most crowded on Fridays since the schools and offices are closed here.
Things to Do at Al Mamzar Beach Park
Once you have booked your flights to Sharjah, you can plan your visit to this beach park. An excellent place to spend the whole day with your family, this park offers a lot of activities. You have the choice of engaging in several activities and enjoying good food in between to make your visit to this park a memorable one. Here are some activities that you can go for after your Delhi to Sharjah flight lands and you head to this park:
- Rent Beach Cabins- The park offers the facility of renting beach cabins or beach-view chalets by paying a fee separate from the park’s entry fee.
- Rent Loungers- You can bask in the sun and soak up some vitamin D by renting loungers and beach umbrellas for a small fee.
- Go Swimming- You also have the option of using the public swimming pool by paying the mandatory charges.
- Take Your Children for a Train Ride- You can explore all areas of this park via a half an hour train ride. Children can also play on the swings and slides in the games area.
- Go Skating- You also have the choice of going roller-skating at the skate park. Children can also go skateboarding or wave boarding.
- Play Sports- The park also has a medium-sized football field, a volleyball court, and a basketball court. But you will need to take your equipment for playing
- Enjoy Good Food- And whenever you are hungry you can enjoy some scrumptious dishes at the more than 20 barbecues spread across the park.
Enjoy your Sharjah holiday by planning well in advance and timely booking the flight tickets.